EXPECTED SCHOOL WIDE LEARNING OUTCOMES (ESLOS)
Ekamai International School (EIS) identified its umbrella program to reach its mission and their related proficiencies in 1998. Hence, to achieve global competency, EIS will focus its efforts towards preparing each student to be:
A Complex Thinker who
- effectively uses a variety of complex reasoning strategies (Higher Order Thinking Skills).
- effectively translates issues and situations into manageable tasks that have a clear purpose.
A Quality Producer who
- applies academic and vocational skills.
- uses resources and technology.
- creates quality products.
An Effective Communicator who
- clearly expresses ideas in the English language.
- effectively communicates with diverse audiences.
- demonstrates open-mindedness.
- understands cultural differences.
- effectively uses other methods of communication
A Collaborative Worker who
- values and demonstrates teamwork.
- respects others’ ideas.
- recognizes, appreciates and utilizes diversity.
- effectively performs a variety of roles.
- works toward the achievement of group goals.
A Self-Manager who
- displays appropriate self-direction.
- exhibits self-control.
monitors his/her own progress.
- displays quality use of time.
A Responsible Citizen who
- maintains high moral and ethical standards.
- protects the natural environment.
- practices a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- contributes to the welfare of society.
- understands the Seventh-day Adventist worldview.